Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lemon squares And Meyer lemons



Originally uploaded by stacycakes

Last week we went to eataly and I couldn't resist the beautiful lemons I saw when I walked in. Meyer lemons, gorgeous color, lovely leaves and shiny, the smell, intoxicating.....after admiring them all week I decided to make lemon bars. I searched for a recipe that suited me and settled on this one from about.com. Even though I didn't eat any myself,the empty platter was proof enough!
Heres the recipe
2 cups flour
1/2 cup confectionary sugar
2 sticks butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
4 eggs well beaten
1 heaping teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
Sift flour and confectionary sugar together, cut in butter until blended.ressive into bottom of 9x 13 pan, I used a fluted tart pan. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Combine re,remaining ingredients and spread on crust. Bake at 350 for 30 more minutes. Sprinkle w confectionary sugar, enjoy!

No comments: